THE SUN AT NIGHT
The Sun at Night is a 2D action platformer where the player takes the role of Laika, the lost soviet space dog. It features massive levels, choice-driven gameplay, rich skill-trees, fast gunplay and a sweeping narrative. All in a beautiful, alternate history wrapper.
Design & Development
I worked as a designer and developer on The Sun At Night. Primarily implementing new features as well as assisting with the game design.
Some of my responsibilities included:
- Designing and implemented our weapon, ability and combat systems.
- Developed our custom scripting system and was responsible for it's functionality throughout the project.
- Implemented a quest objective system for use via our custom scripting language, which was integrated into our map navigation.
- Designing and implementing the game's navigation and mapping system.
- Created new tools for our custom game engine, to be used by the design team to create levels, encounters, enemy AI and scripted events.
I was also responsible for, along with other team members:
- Level scripting and mission design
- Tool design and development.
- AI design, enemy behaviors and encounters design.
- Skill tree design and development.